Updated COVID-19 Safety Protocols
In accordance with state guidelines and the lifting of Maryland’s state of emergency, we are excited to allow our caring clientele back into the hospital as of July 1st! We have adjusted our procedures and will amend them as necessary, based upon safety recommendations.
- Please note that our lobby is still closed, and we are employing a “virtual” waiting room.
- When you arrive at our hospital, please remain in your car and call us at 240-403-8387 to let us know you’re here. At that time, we’ll ask for the number of your designated WGVC parking spot.
- A WGVC team member will greet you and your pet at your car and escort you into the hospital.
- You will be escorted directly into the exam room.
- ONE FAMILY MEMBER is allowed in the hospital per visit. This is to keep the total number of people in smaller exam rooms to a minimum.
- If you do not wish to come into the hospital for safety reasons, we will still offer Zoom and telephone virtual visits.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY AND MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES IN THE HOSPITAL.
- A veterinarian will examine your pet in the exam room and make recommendations there.
- Once your appointment is complete, a team member will help you with payment in the exam room, dispense any prescribed medications, and escort you to your car.
- For the time being and to minimize wait times, clients will remain in their cars during quick visits/nursing appointments that do not require discussion with a veterinarian.
- If you are picking up food or medications, please let us know that you have arrived, and a team member will take payment and bring your products to you.
Thank you all for your patience during this unprecedented time. We appreciate your willingness to adhere to these guidelines so that we can continue to safely provide care to your beloved pets and look forward to seeing you in person soon!